4 interest-free payments of 9.90 USDLearn more
Skip the line and explore Turkey’s one of the most important museums and the Balkan Peninsula at the Topkapi Palace Museum. Inside, take a guided tour of the four courtyard museums, which include the Audience Hall, High Court, Historical Kitchens, and The Treasury.
- Enjoy priority admission and skip-the-line access to Topkapi Palace
- Take a tour of the main residence and administrative headquarters of the Ottoman sultans glorifying the Ottoman Era
- Explore the historical palace with a knowledgeable local guide
- Visit the Hagia Sophia, a magnificent church in the palace’s outer courtyard
Explore one of the most important museums in Turkey and the Balkan Peninsula without waiting in line. Discover how the Topkapi Palace was built between 1466 and 1478 and served as the Ottoman Sultans' residency and administrative headquarters for over 400 years. It opened as a museum in 1924, a year after the Republic of Turkey was established. The Topkapi Palace Museum is notable not only for its architecture and collections but also for the Ottoman Empire's history and culture that it commemorates. During the one-hour tour, the guide will explain the entire history of the Palace. For all the history geeks this tour is a must. Soak in the magnificent architectural beauty of this majestic Ottoman Empire monument before winding up the Topkapi Palace Museum Tour.
- Skip-the-line entry ticket to Topkapi Palace
- Hagia Irene ticket and visit
- Professional English-speaking tour guide
- Free time in the Palace
- Service charges and local taxes
- Tips and personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions
- Smoking is strictly restricted to designated areas.
- Pets are not allowed on the Topkapi Palace Museum Tour.
- The Topkapi Palace Museum Tour starts at 11:30 PM and 1.00 PM.
- The duration of the Topkapi Palace Museum Tour will be around 75 minutes.
- We recommend you dress up in line with the local customs.
- Infants and toddlers between 0-2 years are allowed free of charge.
- Kids between the age of 2-7 are charged as per the child fare.
- Guests above the age of 7 years will be charged as per the adult fare.
- Meet your guide in front of the Carpet Museum (Halı Müzesi), outside the palace. The guide will be holding a flag with the logo of the Istanbul Tourist Pass.
- Please note that this attraction cannot be visited without a guide.
- All children will be asked to present their valid passports at the entrance of the museums in order to validate their age.
- Please note that it is suitable for wheelchair users.
- For a full refund cancel at least 24 hours prior to the start of the tour.
- No-shows and late cancellations are non-refundable.
- Your Topkapi Palace Museum Tour tickets are valid for the event date and time stated.
- Your Topkapi Palace Museum Tour tickets will be mailed to you once you’ve made a booking. All you have to do is show the voucher with a Govt id proof.
Present your voucher at the start of the tour.
Cankurtaran, Topkapi Palace Museum, Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Topkapi Palace famous for?
It opened as a museum in 1924, a year after the establishment of the Republic of Turkey. The Topkapı Palace Museum is notable not only for its architecture and collections but also for the history and culture of the Ottoman Empire that it recalls.
Is Topkapi Palace Museum free?
The entrance fee of Topkapi Palace is 200 Turkish Lira per person. To visit the Harem it is an additional 100 Turkish Lira per person. It's free for children under 12 years old, and entry to the Harem is free for those under 6. Museum entry is free for those in possession of a 72 hours Museum Pass.
Can I take pictures in Topkapi Palace?
There is no problem with taking photos in Topkapi palace except in Mosque.
How much time do you need at Topkapi palace?
Topkapi Palace is a giant complex and you'll need at least 1,5 to 2 hours to have a complete tour.
Which day is Topkapi Palace closed?
Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays. Topkapi Palace is also closed on January 1 and closed for half day on the first day of Ramadan Eid and Eid Al-Adha.
Ratings & Reviews
Travelled August 2022
Tour was overcrowded, no headsets available. However, guide was knowledgeable and friendly and advised...